Saturday, January 30, 2010

Beautiful Schnibbles!

Look!!! I did it!

January, with its barrage of tax-paper gathering (for the accountant), bathrooms flooding (sewer plugged up... called the plumber), garage flooding (replaced water heater), kitchen faucet quit working (hello again plumber), two cards full of fraudulent charges (on phone one whole morning canceling credit cards), and just the general busyness of life and work, had me wondering if I was going to have to fly the white flag with accomplishing my Schnibbles quilt this month.  

But, look --- it is finished!

It's not a baby blanket, though that was the original intent. The colors were so cheery, I enlarged the borders and am using it as a square tablecloth! Yahoo!

So... each of these Schnibbles has taught me something, about life and sewing...

This quilt taught me that things do not have to be perfect. Being a mediocre quilter was really bugging me, but this time, sewing this one with its beautiful colors, I was quite content in accepting the many flaws in it.

IT IS OKAY TO NOT BE PERFECT -- in life and in sewing!!!

Do you hear me? It is okay! We do not have to be perfect. In our humanity we are going to fail. But it's okay. Though the righteous fall seven times, they get back up. 
Yep, that's what Proverbs 24:16 says.

If we make mistakes, fail, or fall, or sew a crummy stitch, it's okay. We can shed a few tears, wipe the dust off our bottoms, pour peroxide on the scrapes, or start a whole new quilt!!!

So, smile - we are acceptable in the Beloved (Jesus) - as is! (Just read Ephesians 1:6!!!)

7 comments:

Needled Mom said...

You are so right...it IS okay to not be perfect. It's just too bad that everyone hasn't gotten the message.

I love the idea of making the Schnibbles a little bigger for a tabletopper.

Smilie girl said...

I think that quilt is awesome!

Farm Girl said...

I think it turned out just beautiful. You did a nice job and I love the fabric. Good job finishing it when you had so many trials.
:)

joeysgirl said...

I love that quilt and I love you!

Scuba Wife Life said...

For the record, I never knew that you weren't where you wanted to be in regards to quilting. I saw the one you made for my dad out of his old running shirts and thought it was amazing! One of these days I am going to have an Auntie original for my house! :)

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

My mom quilts, she always can point out every mistake. I can't see any of them.

Great job!! Sounds like you've had a very busy month, so even more amazing to me that you accomplished this. Someday I will have to learn how to quilt.

Corrie said...

I like what you did with the blocks...very pretty fabric. You don't have to perfect. We learn & get better with each one.