Friday, January 01, 2010

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

It's here; 2010 rode in with lots of firecrackers, smoke bombs, and clanging of pans (the fun part). I love hearing all these celebratory noises at midnight. It's my favorite part of the holiday! My dog hates it, but I love it! I also love tossing  my old calendar into the trash (or bin, depending on where you are from) and hanging my fresh, clean new one. Silly, but I love these rituals.

New beginnings make me happy. It doesn't matter if it's a new sewing project (this one's gonna be perfect!), a new year, a stinkin' diet (I think I can, I think I can), or just a Monday... the beginning of anything makes me feel hopeful. Is that how you feel too?

Some new beginnings can make us nervous; like when I began Jr. High or High School. EEek! What is it going to be like??? Will anybody like me? Will I have a best friend?

But with the New Year, I begin to think of Valentine's day.. Hmmmmm... Will this be the year Superman finally surprises me with a romantic dinner out?????

See? Hope springs eternal when I change calendars.  :)

Anyhoo, let's get back to January 1st, today!

What is on my mind right now, besides my messy house, which I am still trying to clean (golf, Superman, dinner at friends', pruning, raking.... too many distractions) is trials & tribulations. They simply will not go away, will they?

And neither will Jesus! Hooray for that truth!!!! He will never leave you nor forsake you!!! Oh, I know - believe me -- it sometimes FEELS like He does. But He doesn't. No, He does not!

Remember this, because in 2010 there will be trials & tribs written on some of the days of our calendars. Drats! Yet....

It is good for me that I was afflicted
so that I might learn Your statutes.
Psalm 119:71

As much as we are promised comfort, unconditional love, mercy and grace, so are we promised trials and tribulations. Really, I prefer them not! Still, they come. And so does the very presence of God. He's very near in trouble (Psalm 46:1), ya know -- it's another of His promises, and it's best for us to read our Bibles so that we can know them, and be prepared and armed. The Most High, our Father who art in heaven, has given us a complete arsenal of promises. Yay!

So, I could go on and on. But, the messy house, remember???

If the calendar flipped and the trials of 2009 slipped into 2010, then dang! I know all about that! Here are some verses that make me feel better, and maybe you, too ---

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls,
 yet I will rejoice in the LORD, 
I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habukkuk 3:17-18

&


There is none like the God of Jeshurun, who rides the heavens to your help, and through the skies in His majesty. The eternal God is a dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms; and He drove out the enemy before you, and said, "Destroy!"
Deuteronomy 33:26-27

Emmanuel, God is with you. 
 Remember that all year!



Happy New Year to you!



4 comments:

Roban said...

So nice for you to leave a comment, which, in turn, led me to this very uplifting place! You're right... sad stuff does happen. Letting go and accepting what comes our way are two good traits to have. ** I hang on to old calendars thinking I'll want to go back and find a date that we did something. Throwing it out at the end of the year sounds very... liberating!

Boy Mom said...

Hi there, thanks for the comment. Here's hoping embrace each trial that comes along and thus find the peace, happiness and joy a loving God is teaching me.

Smilie girl said...

And a very happy new year to you too!
It's good to know God is with us through the good and the bad, whether we know it or not.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Happy New Year to you!!! What a fun, positive blog!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy