Monday, January 25, 2010

I'd Rather Write Something Else!!!!!!

Ladies, pay attention!

Three times today, uno, dos, three, I got emails from friends in my hometown telling me scary stories of trouble at the grocery store. Don't laugh!

It's not high prices, it's not wilted veggies -- it's creepy men following my friends and other people's friends around the store, around their cars, and 1) stealing their groceries, 2) following them to their cars, and 3) saying fearsome things like, "We just want to have some fun," as they grab the car door.

My sister-in-law's friend threatened to use her pepper spray (gotta get me some... where?!!!) and the two men left her. She was lucky. She was blessed and protected by God!

I hated to share this with you, but the police said that this happens at least three times a day at every grocery store!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shall I begin to carry a gun?! I just don't think a carrot in my pocket would work!

This is not the kind of news I like hearing... or sharing. But, we need to be aware so that we can be aware!!!

Sure makes you wanna eat leftovers, eh?!!!!!!!!!!!

(Pepper spray is legal in all 50 states, but a few, like New York, Michigan, and Massachusetts have certain restrictions on size and strength. Check it out with your local or state attorney's office, if you are interested, that is...)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I sure miss the days when a bag boy would carry out the groceries to the car. It is a sad state of affairs when you have to worry in broad daylight about being accosted at the grocery store. Thanks for the warning.

Smilie girl said...

Oh my!
I can't say that's happened to me but there was a car jacking in another state recently where the kids were in the car with the engine on while the mum was putting the groceries in the boot.
Scary, but it all turned out well. That has made me more careful in the carpark.

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Yikes!!

My mom's church did a ladies safety event where a police officer came and talked about things that happened. He showed a video of a man, recently released from prison for child rape (!!) who was following a 3 year old around the store. The security cameras picked this up and he was arrested, but just hearing it from my mom has be traumatized and even more vigilant at the store.

You can never be too careful.