Thursday, January 07, 2010

My First Pinwheel Quilt... Arriving Soon (-er or later) :)

Forever and a day, I have wanted to try to sew a pinwheel quilt. The first one my eyes ever spotted was a girlish pink-and-white beauty. So, mine will be the same.

I reeeeeeeeeeeallly wanted to steal borrow the pictures from these two blogs I'm going to send you to, because pictures perk up the post, but that wouldn't be too nice, now, would it? The Bible says, "Let him who steals steal no more" and I don't even want that to have to apply to me this morning. So, off you go to Here & here to see some very darling pinwheel quilts.... and Here for the tutorial.

The one I am going to make has one pinwheel square next to a plain square, using the white fabric from the pinwheel square (did that make sense?). Doing it this way makes the pinwheels look like they are flying free as birds. Something like this....




The fab I am using...



When I finally get caught up around here, I will be found in the sewing room!  Happy sewing & homemaking & praising God!
Read Psalm 106 today and see how great is our God!



 


6 comments:

Jana said...

I love the pinwheel patterned quilts!!! I am sooo excited to see your girly sweet spin on this! (get it? spin?) Thanks for coming to see me!! super great Psalm for the day!!!! Blessings=D

an encourager said...

Jana, I did get it and loved the mid-morning laughter it brought!! Good medicine, ya know! :)

Needled Mom said...

It will be gorgeous!

Mum-me said...

I'm sure it will look lovely. I had a quilt when I was young with a repeating pattern of young girls in big bonnets. I wish I had the pattern for that one.

Madcap said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your pinwheel too - vicarious quilting, since I don't have time!

Mum-me, I think the pattern you're describing is "Sunbonnet Sue", and there are lots of variations of that pattern available. You should be able to find lots of resources if you Google it. Good luck!

Mum-me said...

Yes, thanks for the links and information, the pattern that I had on my quilt and curtains when I was a little girl was very similar to those Sunbonnet Sue blocks. (I had once looked for Holly Hobbie patterns, thinking that may have been the one, but they were too elaborate.)

Now I need to start saving so I can buy the fabric to make one of my daughters a Sunbonnet Sue quilt..... one day.