Wednesday, January 20, 2010

His Eye is on the Sparrow

Haiti was not the place you would want to be on January 12, 2010. Yet that was the place on the map where Dan Woolley and David Hames were. After a tiring day of filming for Compassion, International, they were headed to their rooms in the Hotel Montana. And that's when it hit, a massive shaking and popping... and darkness, the ground no longer stable beneath their feet, the walls and six stories above them turning into fragments of crushing rain.The Hotel Montana collapsed in one swipe, and these two men were inside.

David is still missing. Please be in prayer for him and his family. I know that "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father (Matthew 10:29)" but if it were my husband I was awaiting news on, I would be frantic. Trusting God's will, but frantic and sadder than ever before in my life. That wife needs our prayers (as well as all the rest of the millions affected by Haiti's tragedy )!

For Dan's wife, the days spent in tearful prayers were ended with pools of joys when they found Dan alive, rescued from the protective walls of an elevator shaft. For more updates on this, you can probably visit the blogger I learned all this from; click here.

We do not always understand the will and ways of God. We know He is good, that He is love, and that His plans are perfect; we also know that it is often sad and hard for us. I love that God's understanding of our humanity is infinite. Jesus is our sympathetic High Priest. Whatever is causing your world to shake right now, run to God. He is the God of all comfort...

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1


"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Hebrews 4:16


"Is any among you suffering? Let him pray.

Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praises."

James 5:13

1 comment:

Wheeler Reviews said...

I love the song "His Eye is on the Sparrow." I always get a kick out of it too, though, because my dad hates it. He hates how it is sung so slow and dreary (like a funeral song he says) when the message is so happy. I guess it's the lyrics and message I love so much... although I like the tune too... and I like to bug my dad about it - in a playful way :)