Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Goodbye Christmas Decorations!

When I woke up this morning I could not wait to SEW!!! However.... this home was a mess! So, I just went for it and took down every Christmas decoration, including the tree (which I almost always leave up till after the first). I was on a roll. And now I'm blogging, so the sewing is just going to have to wait. Some days are like this, and you know what? It feels good and peaceful around here. Annnnnnnd, I did this all in my pajamas! How's that for a busy yet relaxing day?  :)

Before I began I asked the Lord to please help with the chore of un-decorating, because usually it's an entire weekend job. Not today! Even Superman, who was steering clear of the house, remembering all the other 30 un-decorating weekends, came in at 11 a.m. and said, "Wow! You did that fast!"

I would take a bow, but I must bow before my Maker who answered, "Yes", to that prayer and helped me not get all distracted as I usually do. Thank YOU, LORD!
So now I want to show you some pictures of my china hutch. Into it I put some fun favorite things. It's the only part of the house that is not standing empty (all my regular decorations are still stuffed in the closet), so it's all I will be able to show you today. Ready?  :)




Some things just make ya happy, whether you are gifted in decorating or not! What do you have in your house that makes you happy (besides the people in it with you, I mean)???  In case you can't tell, I collect Smootchers! My first set, a boy and girl on a bench, him with a Bible in his hand, were a gift from my Grandma Meyer (dad's mom), then I got the angels at an estate sale, which is really a bit sad, because they used to be someone else's happy items, and Snow White and Dopey are from my Amy. I have Mr. and Mrs. Santa Claus smootchers, a princess and a frog, which we use daily, as most of these are salt & pepper shakers. I even have a pair of smootchers by Hummel. People give them to me for gifts, saying, "OH! I saw these and thought of YOU!" Don't you love when that happens?
 Anyhoo, goodbye Christmas decorations... see ya next year, same station, same bat channel, same bat time! (Let's see how many of you are old enough to remember that...  lol.)

No comments: