It came in yesterday's mail. Superman pulled up next to our mailbox, I hopped out of the car, turned the key to our little box, and then hopped up and down with glee --the charm pack I had won from Pinkpincushion & Missouriquiltco.com had arrived!!!!
Of course, I had to lay them all out for you to see (top picture)!
But there's more!
No, not more fabric, but a surprise for you!
I'm going to teach you to make the most darling and useful last minute gifts - coasters!
They are easy-peasy!
1. Pick 6 coordinating charm squares (5" x 5"), two for the base, four for the top.
2. Fold the four top fabrics in half; press.
3. Place the two base fabrics WRONG sides together.
4. On top of this base, you will place one of your folded squares, on the left side.
5. Take the next folded fabric and place it on top of the base, folded edge towards center (though I layed mine wrong for the pictures...), laying the left half of it UNDER the top half of the folded piece already there.
6. Repeat this process two more times, working your way around.
7. Pin each folded fabric, carefully keeping them centered on base.
8. Sew all around the outer edges using a 1/4-inch seam; trim corners.
9. Turn right side out by reaching through the opening from the center of the four folded fabrics. Push out corners. Press.
10. If you want, top-stitch 1/4-inch all the way around the edges.
(I used ones I had already made, that's why the fabric is different in the finished product.)
Once you make the first one, all others take less than three minutes to put together! Great gifts!