Wednesday, February 03, 2010

A Quilt Shopping We Will Go!!!

After writing today's post (below), I hopped  over to PinkPincushion to look at this month's Schnibble's Parade... AND GUESS WHAT????

i WON A PRIZE! a GREAT PRIZE - TWO CHARM PACKS of Nature's Notepad by April Cornel for Moda, AND A SUNDAY BEST PATTERN FROM

aM i The most blessed gal ever -yes!!!!

Thank you!!!

(okay, now you can read today's other post...  lol)

While Superman was working today, I was playing! I do so love this arrangement, though I bet he'd like to fly around  my world for a bit and have me in his!!!

With laptop connected to the long blue cord, Google and Mapquest lined out my day's itinerary of visiting Quilt Shops in Sacramento. I had three of them picked out, and couldn't get down to my car fast enough. I jogged down the stairs (do you believe that????), hopped into my car, and veered out of there on two wheels.

Okay, not really.

But that's how fast I wanted to go!

Outside, the weather picked up on my mood and the happy birds were whistling under the warmth of the February sunshine. I rolled my car windows down, even, as the sun's beams were shining right on me... kinda lighting the way to the first quilt shop.

I skipped to the front door, opened it, and oooo-lalalalaa---- wonderful! Fabrics, fat quarters, twigs, patterns, embroidery everything, and two of the nicest gals ever, who are lucky enough to work in such a place!

This is where I went.   http://www.bearpawsandhollyhocks.com/   Though Daughter Dearest gave me a mini camera to take on trips, I left it in the hotel room. Phooooey!!! It does you know good to have a great camera and forget to include it in your itinerary!

Thus, you'll never know what a quilter's paradise this little shop was; the outside photo does the inside no justice, in my opinion.

Anyhoo, this was the only quilt shop I got to visit today, since Superman called and we needed to be on our way to his next destination, but it was all I wished for! 

This past Monday I took the most fun class ever at my favorite hometown quilt shop, and the second I put the must-have flower it, I will snap a photo and post it. You have just got to see this!

Oh, and my first-ever pinwheel quilt I told you about? IT'S COMPLETED! Yes, yes, a picture will soon be ready for you to see!

Till then.... rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I say rejoice!!!

2 comments:

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Congrats on your win! Your Madeline quilt is Beautiful -- love the fabric you used!

Mummy McTavish said...

A lot of that was in a language I am unfamiliar with, I think it may be quiltese. I am sensing though that you had a wonderful day and that makes me happy to hear!