Saturday, February 13, 2010

Live With Enjoyment!

You know how I love to ride my bikes! This ONE  is sooooooooo much fun - and makes me skinny!!!!!  OK, it hasn't really made me skinny yet, but if I will ride with purpose each day, it will; I am sure of it!


First of all, the brakes are my thigh muscles. That's right. No squeezing of hand brakes, because this baby has the original bicycle brake systems -- LEGS and FEET and PURE MUSCLE (which means, if you have no leg muscles, 1. you are going to get them, and 2. you better have on thick tenny shoes)!!!


Secondly, though this beauty is a 3-speed, only one of them works, the hard one. Just how I like it!


Now, if I wanna go really fast and move along the road with traffic, that isn't the bike I want. For that, I use my other darling blue baby! It has a speedometer and thinner wheels and lots and lots of gears. Oh, yay!


Today, since  the weather is screaming with joy over itself and its almost 70-degree warmth, I am riding both. One for pure enjoyment (the 50s model) and the other for exercise (for this 50s model - moi)!


Superman is sweetly lubing their chains (better than pulling my chain!), plumping up the tires with fresh oxygen, and doing whatever else bike men do to their wives' two-wheeled chariots. I'm so glad he is so smart ----VERY HANDY IS HE!!!!


So, to the reason I wanted to post today. While out riding the older bike up and down and in and out of the neighboring streets, I thought how much i love to ride bikes. Then, I thought of when I ride it for exercise - enjoyable, I suppose, but not the simple, lovely, thankful stroll of pedaling slowly and noticing things.... like dogs chained up, poofy snowballs of spring blossoms on trees, blue shutters on white houses, etc. When I am riding for exercise, mostly it is something to be done and checked off my list. I want to ride fast so that it's over sooner. 


See the diff????


Anyhoo, we have so many things to check off our list today, and tomorrow, that why not purposefully give yourself a basketful of minutes that are to be spent purely enjoying something?


Live with enjoyment! you will feel better and happier!

Let's be rich in joy

Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not high-minded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the Living God, Who gives us richly all things to enjoy," 1 Timothy 6:17

No comments: