Sunday, February 28, 2010

What To Do With Yourself....

Last night I got an email that sent me over the top....and then... right down to the bottom! (This post should be in dark black, not pretty pink.... but I just couldn't do it)

Really, it did that to me.

I had to go into the bedroom (in the early evening, mind you), turn the electric blanket on high, pull back the covers, get into bed, pull the covers over my head, and pray!

While reading that one harmless email, so much dross (that yukky stuff at the bottom of our hearts) came shooting out of my heart, that it took me totally by surprise! 

I mean, hadn't I dealt with all those issues already (or at least stuffed them so far down that I would never see them again????).

Well, it's no strange thing that the Lord knew that email was on its way to me. He knows everything! 

Nothing in all creation is hidden from God's sight.
Everything is uncovered and laid bare before the eyes of him to whom we must give account. ~ Hebrews 4:13
...for He knows the secrets of the heart.  ~ Psalm 44:21b

Including, how all that yukky dross lurking in the depth of my heart was making things in my heart quite murky, indeed...and has been slowly oozing its way out and having an effect on my life. (Though I wasn't paying much attention.)

It has my attention now!

Bitterness, hurt, anger.... OH MY!

So now.... rather than give you any of my murky wisdom (because I am still in the throngs of these crazy emotions), I am sending you to a soothing balm of help over at SugarPieFarmhouse

Her blog today (and you have to read down to about the middle) so sweetly covers what to do when this kind of rancidity hits us.... 

You will be sooo happy you hopped over there (especially if you have any of those dreg emotions going on right now in your own life)!

2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

Just ignore all of those creepy things. Some folks have no life!!!!

joeysgirl said...

I loved it I actually copied pieces of it and taped it into my journal.