Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Pizza Addict, That's Me!

OK, here's my problem -- I LOVE PIZZA!!!

My pants do not! Those crazy zippers cause such a fuss when they have to exert lots of energy pushing their way up to close, simply because I've had one (or two or three) extra pieces of pizza! Harumph!!!

Pizza Hut's thin crust sausage, mushroom, and olive is my fav. I crave it all the time. 


But I can't eat it all the time, 'cuz you know why  -- I will look like a pizza, nice and round!


So... My newest alternative is this, pictured above (I will list the Weight Watcher's points values for those still keeping their New Years' resolution):


  • One regular-sized Thomas Sahara Pita Pocket, 100% Whole Wheat (2 pts).  I put this in a hot skillet and toast one side, flip it, then while the other side is toasting add any number of ingredients. Since I walked 4 miles today with my friend Emily, up and down the bluffs, I was extra hungry. Well, that, and while I was getting gas I saw a picture of the store's advertised pizza, which got me thinking....  :) The great thing about these Thomas pitas is that they toast up in the skillet real nice and crispy, similar to the thin crust pizzas.
  • Tomato paste, 1 Tbsp, smeared on (0 pts) and topped with garlic/pepper spices, oregano, and basil. Sometimes I will use BBQ sauce (1/4 cup = 1 pt), but that's only if I'm making a BBQ-chicken-and-fresh-rosemary pizza.
  • Black olives, 6 of them, sliced and diced and tossed on top (1 pt).
  • Sweet peppers and onions, thinly sliced and lightly grilled or sauteed or raw (0 pts).
  • Cheeses, low fat, 2 Tbsp, sprinkled on top. Today I used yummy crumbled goat cheese (1 pt), but most of the time it's mozzarella).
  • Turkey sausage link, 1/2, crumbled on top (1.5 pts). Normally, I do not add this, but I had some already cooked, annnnd since that picture got my mouth watering... I added it. Yum! 
  • Fresh, green, delightful basil. I love basil, especially with goat cheese pizzas!
  • Sky is the limit! If I have fresh mushrooms, they'll get sliced really thin and piled on, along with dried red peppers when I have them.

The above photo does not do my mini pizza justice, but believe me... it's delish!

Anyhoo, lunchtime is over -- time to go sew a receiving blanket!

What's your favorite pizza??? Do you have a homemade whole wheat pizza dough recipe you want to share with me????  :)


Where my feet were tromping today... 
 
For physical training is of some value,
but godliness has value for all things, 
holding promise for both the present life and the life to come.
1 Timothy 4:8

2 comments:

Farm Girl said...

Hey good job! I love pizza too and could eat it breakfast lunch and dinner. I love that you put the W.W. points on your ingredients. The bluffs looked very nice too.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

That looks fabulous! YUM!

Mrs. NB