Thursday, February 18, 2010

Love, Part Two....

 

Hello, and welcome to part two of sharing the love!! Just because the official day of Valentine's is over, it's no reason to stop the flow of lovin'... No sireeeeee.

My friend Emily surprised me with the above set of heart-shaped measuring tools. Aren't they the cutest things ever?!!! She told me she got them at Target for only $2.  See, spectacular gifts do not have to cost a fortune!!!

As a side note: after-holiday sales are a great time to 
purchase small items for future stocking stuffers!!!!

For my boys, this year, I cooked an old-fashioned pot of pinto beans,
mashed them in a skillet, smothered them with cheese, stirred, and then made their all-time favorite bean burritos. My oldest said, "Mom, that was the best Valentine's present ever!" 
His present to me....

Moral of that story? Spreading the love does not have to cost money! Delivering six cookies in a baggie with a bow is a delight to anyone's heart and tastebuds. Simple!


And since this is turning out to be a kitcheny kind of post, though I had not intended it as such, I am going to share my Spanish omelet recipe with you. It's Superman's fav!

The Sauce:
  • 1 8-oz can tomato sauce
  • 1/3 cup salsa (saves you from having to cut up bell peppers and onions and such)
  • 1 heaping tsp brown sugar
  • sprinkles of oregano 
  1. Pour all into a small saucepan.
  2. Stir.
  3. Bring to an almost boil.
  4. Let simmer till thickened

 The Eggs.
  • 6 eggs
  • Lots of cheese, any variety or a mixture
  • Any ingredients you desire... such as: mushrooms, green onions, crumbled bacon or sausage

  1. Crack the eggs into the pan.
  2. Add seasonings, to taste: salt, pepper, garlic powder
  3. Stir, as you would scrambled eggs, till it's just barely getting done. You do not want them scrambled all the way, just a little. This ensures a fluffy omelet!
  4. Smooth out still wet eggs.
  5. Turn heat to low.
  6. Cover, till eggs are not wet anymore.
  7. Put cheese on half of omelet, then pull the other half of the omelet on top of that. 
  8. Put more cheese on top. 
9. Cover, till cheese is melted.
10. Serve with love!
 

So, that's it!


Simple things can spell L-O-V-E to many. Keep the love going, month after month, day in, day out. 

Your heart (and others') will be full!


...and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds... 
Hebrews 10:24
 

3 comments:

Pokey said...

The heart measuring cups are sweet! And these eggs look yummy. I think
I'll head on over to the kitchen now....

Scuba Wife Life said...

looks yummy! I want measuring cups like that!! :) Super cute, Auntie! :)

Mummy McTavish said...

That omlett looks GOOD. I am starting to wish I didn't already have a potroast on for dinner.