Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm Waiiittttinnnnng!

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined to me and heard my cry" Psalm 40:1

Do you like waiting? I mean, really, is it ever your favorite thing to do? The only time I like waiting is when I am putting something off. As in, waiting until tomorrow to do it!

However... When I want something, waiting becomes my prey, and I wanna pounce on it and make it change its spots! When I want something, by golly, I WANT IT NOW! :) Are you shaking your head in agreement? I thought so, and I'm glad I'm not alone.

That is why it is my duty to my fellow sisters (is that an oxymoron?)to share a note I just wrote to a friend on waiting. I'm telling you, I am one BIG talker and one teeeensy walker! But I'm like Gumby and can be bent into the submission of learning yet another yummy lesson!

To save time, I just scanned the letter into my computer, and here it is, so you can be Gumby-like, too! (You'll have to click on the note to be able to read it.)



Yep, we wait so we can grow, but also so we can give those "all things" in Romans 8:28 time to connect, and gain an opportunity for our faith to stretch from a 4 to a 5, to learn about leaning and trusting (or our lack thereof), to take smaller steps with Jesus and not get ahead of Him, and well, just lots more.

Waiting is our friend; let's pounce on it and learn to embrace it! (With God all things are possible!)

"Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him..." (Psalm 37:7a).

No comments: