Thursday, August 20, 2009

Adding a Little Zest


Every once in a while something surprising will enter into the routine of life and add a little zest. Like...

* A short getaway to a friend's house. Kathy and I have been friends since I was 17-years-old. We met in college and have remained friends all these many, many, MANY years. Spending time with her these past two days added a new zest to my thanksgiving. I am truly thankful to have this enduring friendship!
* Winning a contest!!! On Tuesday, I mozied over to A Pair of Bartletts, just to see what fun thing she would be blogging about, and lo and behold - I was the WIINER of her "Bee My Guest" contest! That added zest to my heartbeats, because I was so dang excited to see my name as 'Winner'. On Tuesdays she has a special blogger, and all you have to do to enter is leave an encouraging comment for her guest. Then, she randomly draws a name, and ta-da - this time it was moi! (Thank you, again, PoB!) Give her a visit!
* A love note....ahhhhh, be still my heart. My husband wrote me a sweet little message on our dry erase board. It added zest to the stardust!
* Figs! Absence makes the heart grow fonder, and that's probably the reason I love figs so - fresh ones are very hard to find! On my way home from Kathy's, I stopped at a fruit stand, and there they were... freshly picked just before I got there. They added zest to my lunch, because I ate three of them on the drive home! YUM!


Adding a little zest flavors up your life!

2 comments:

Carol said...

dear encourager,
love your site. thanks for the lovely comments on my old willow farm blog. keep on encouraging, it is truly uplifting to those who receive.

Mummy McTavish said...

I love a little zest in life!

(my WV is larde, I like a little of that in my life too... it's like zest, makes everything taste better)