Saturday, August 08, 2009

Crazy Over Julia!!!



Or is it CRAZED? Yes, most definitely crazed, because the definition does fit me to a T - suffering loss of emotional control. I have! I've gone nuts over Julia Child and her little friend, too - Julia Powell, the author who opened the door of her car and invited us all to cram in for one lively adventure! Without her, would I now be suffering the loss of my emotional control, and be having an abounding time of joyous emotions? Nay.I'd probably be doing the fall cleaning...

So, I already blogged this morning about the movie Julia & Julie, having finally called "UNCLE" to my crazy, fun-having neighbors. They finally piped down (quieted,didn't quit partying) at 3:30am. But, what's a little sleep, when compared to the fun that family has? So, party on, neighbors! But, I'm not done blogging, because I just had to tell you what I've been up to today!

After walking 8.5 miles with a friend, I darted across town and hit a very small library with a very large array of... you guessed it - Julia Child books! Then, after loading those in my car, I went to another one I pass on the way home and got more! See? Crazy over Julia!!!

I am telling you - that movie gave me a jolt of happiness and inspiration. Now, how often does that happen? Rare enough that I am in heaven, enjoying the bliss of being out of emotional control - it's soooo much fun!

And... it beats fall cleaning!!!

If you look carefully in the picture, the bottom left corner, you will see part of my leg. That's me, under all the books and blankets and laptop. After all that walking, I deserve a rest on the bed with all my books; don't you agree? My husband said, "Hey, what's for dinner?" having noticed nothing is set out to thaw. In my head I thought, "Nothing! I'm too busy reading about cooking to cook!" Out of my mouth, though, came, "Oh... I'll think of something." Que sera sera! lol



Bon Appetit!

4 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

How fun! I can't wait to see what all divine recipes you come up with!

Aimee said...

After reading your last two posts, I realized that I know nothing about Julia Child. I sure am curious now! Thanks so much for the reccomendation. I'll have to check out the movie and the books.

Wife of Rob said...

You sound just like me! How funny. We were supposed to go see the movie today, but looks like we're going to have to do the matinee tomorrow. I CAN'T WAIT!

Bon Apetit to you too!

Mummy McTavish said...

I'm curious too!

But being buried in bed under a mountain of books... now there's a wonderful dream for me!!!