Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Raining and Hailing and Thunder, Oh My!

Mika and I sat on the front porch bench and watched it pour. Of course, I thought of many things...like, wondering what is was like for the folks of Noah's day to see rain for the first time. And how yukky and just their punishment was (thank You, Jesus for saving us who deserve the same!). I bet Abraham was sick to death of rain, after all those 40 days and nights! It's only been four days and I'm already begging for that spring sunshine!

I also thought of how the voice of the Lord sounds like thunder. Revelation 14:2 says, "And I heard a voice from heaven, as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of a great thunder: and I heard the voice of harpers harping with their harps." With nation rising against nation, even here in California (think recent protests....), can the end be far when we will Jesus say, "Yooo hooo!" ?

And then, naturally, all this led to Hosea (that sweet - and hard - story of love) 6:3, where He will come to us like the spring rains. What Mika and I just saw was a torrential gush -- just as God's love pours over us - yipppee! So, let us press on to know the Lord!

No comments: