Monday, September 21, 2009

This Little Light of Mine



"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven" Ecclesiastes 3:1.

During the summer season I get to stay home and frolic. For three whole months! Sun, Fun, Stay (at home), Play!

But summer is over and a new season (of school) has begun. As an elementary librarian substitute I used to be able to pick my days of work. However, with all the layoffs in our school system, they have not hired anymore of us ELS's, so I have a little less freedom. Still, there's a season for everything, and this is a season of working more. My sewing machine is crying!

But, it's an opportunity to be out in the world, letting my little light shine for Jesus! Every place our foot steps is a mission field...

And, speaking of lights, I found these mini candles at Walmart. Light one, and fall magically appears in your home, sight ('cuz they're cute) and smell (just like fall!). The good news is that these candles are very cheap!!! The little ones below were only one dollar each - glass lid included!. Being a jam maker, I am going to clean these jars out really well, fill them with some kind of red jam, like strawberry or raspberry (in case you didn't know which jams might be red),and then use them for small hostess gifts during the holidays. Ho ho ho....

1 comment:

Ruby Red Slippers said...

What a GREAT idea!!! I love the smell of fall-pumpkin pie, cinnimon...and candles, I have one going now!