Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Planning For Success!


After grocery shopping this morning, I was all excited to get on this blog and tell you about how proud of myself I was for buying good food that would set me up for success in my summer's lose & tone plan. In the cool air of the early morn, i had walked my three miles, and this was just another cheery boost to Day 1 of my summer's goals (even that I set goals is a big hurrah, 'cuz it is very unlike me).

I was wanting to share with you one verse, about discipline not be joyful, till afterwards, but God veered me off the track a bit, so that He could remind me of something even more important...and it is this: "...discipline yourself for the purpose of godliness, for bodily discipline is only of little profit, but godliness is profitable for all things, since it holds promise for the present life and {also} for the {life} to come" (1 Timothy 4:7b-8).

Most of us needing to lose & tone already know how to eat right and what exercises will buff our bods. But, do we know how to discipline ourselves for the purpose of godliness? Here's what one online commentator had to say, "Genuine godliness is the life of faith strengthened by training in the Word of God." I liked this.

So, while we're nourishing our bodies with healthy foods, let's also, DAILY... A LOT (stuffing yourself or binging is acceptable practice, here), nourish our heart, soul, and mind on the eternal Words of God -- read our Bibles, meditate on scripture, personalize it into prayer, memorize it (oh, you can too!), live and obey it by the power of God's Holy Spirit. This kind of training will profit us now...and forever. Amen! :)

Remember, with the lose & tone, that it's the "afterward" that yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness, which means... keep at it! Press on, by faith, looking unto Jesus!!!

We're in this together!

3 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Hey, there's that watermelon you have been craving!! YUM!

Martina said...

Thanks for the encouragement about feeding our heart and mind and soul with God's word. This is so very important, otherwise we can get sidetracked so fast.
Oh, yea and I wanted to congratulate you to your marathon. So great!Well done!
Enjoy the yummy good and healthy food.

an encourager said...

Thanks for the marathon cheer!