Monday, June 01, 2009

Oh, What God Can Do!!!





I took this picture so that you could see that a garden can be planted anywhere! Its vibrant greenery makes your landscape happy, while at the same time providing luscious crops! We've had these strawberries planted here for quite a few years, 6 or 7, I think. In the winter, they look like they are just going to up and leave us, but come spring, they just perk right back up and produce produce! :)



Every time I pick these beautiful, red berries, I am in awe of our Creator! No big bang could've caused this. No way! Did you know that each strawberry has a count of @200 seeds? In one little strawberry!!! Aren't you glad we don't have to pick them out, as we do watermelon?

When you go to pick strawberries, you have to pretend you are Sherlock Holmes - because strawberries are masters at hiding! Look at this plant. Do you see anything red growing on it?

No.

But if you move around the leaves and look under them - surprise!!!!










Did you know that one medium-sized strawberry holds within its membranes @ 25% of our daily vitamin C intake? That is one powerful punch to pop in one's mouth! Yahooo!

It is said that these beautiful bubbas bolster memory, too. So, eat a bowlful and you will remember all the important things I just taught you about them!!! :)

All spring, I have been gathering berries and putting them in a Ziplock in the freezer. They are kind of like pennies.... a few here and there add up to a big savings! And so, tomorrow I am hoping to try a new strawberry jam recipe. A friend gave me a jar of her's and the color was the most inviting red and the flavor and texture were divoon - better than any of mine. So, tomorrow I will begin a new adventure in jam making with a new recipe.... I'll take pictures and share it all with you!!!! C U then, then!

"The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows his handiwork." Psalm 19:1.





1 comment:

Aimee said...

Oh, I LOVE strawberries!!! I just planted a few plants in my yard this spring. They are the first strawberry plants I've ever had. I've only had one ripe strawberry so far, but more are coming. I'm so excited!