Sunday, June 07, 2009

I Can Get Some Satisfaction


Okay, don't laugh. I'm slightly embarrassed to show these to the world, but.... (Promise me you'll double click the picture and look at it closer, so that at least you can see that what looks pink is actually red, etc.)

I just wanted you to see what I did with unlikable, but very usable scraps. Determination to use scraps, and nothing but the scraps, kept me from grabbing my keys, hopping in the car, and heading over to JoAnn's or Beverly's. There, I could run my fingers over the soft cottons, drool over the bouquet of colors and designs, and fill my cart to my heart's content. But what challenge would that be, hmmm???? (Not to mention, where would I get all the necessary money?)

The temptation to empty the my drawers into 33-gallon trash bags and haul all these bits and pieces of fabric to Goodwill on the way to said fabric stores was almost more than I could handle. However, I got a grip in time. I hope you do, too, and don't cave when your creative juices are wanting to pounce out of the bounds of the scraps before you.

Believe me, there is much satisfaction with using scraps and saving money. Oh.... but the day when I got to go shopping..... :)

No comments: