Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Promise is Kept!

This morning I sat on my bed for my quiet time with Jesus. All the windows had been flung open to welcome in the 60-degree fresh air, and it was luscious! My legs were crossed Indian-style with my lapboard settled atop my knees, and on top of that was my Bible. Like I so often do, I read a bit, then look up and stare aimlessly out the window to ponder what I read (or get distracted with the day's to-do list). This time, when I looked out the window, there was a treat - my own private rainbow!!!

It's very sweet of the Lord to give me this colorful 3D reminder because I had just read and prayed King David's sweet prayer, "Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Your lovingkindness; according to the multitude of Your tender mercies, blot out my transgressions" (Psalm 51:1).

Right after the very first rainbow ever, God made a promise to Noah (ark builder and faithful truster) --"I'll never again curse the ground because of people. I know they have this bent toward evil from an early age, but I'll never again kill off everything living as I've just done. For as long as Earth lasts, planting and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never stop" (Genesis 8:21b-22 Message) --- and Jehovah has not failed in keeping it! Aren't you glad?!

So, now, next time I see a rainbow, not only will I remember that a promise is being kept, I am going to be thankful to our Lord God Almighty that His mercy endures forever! Hoooray for us!

2 comments:

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

What a sweet treat!!

Scuba Wife Life said...

How amazing! Its really beautiful! What a great blessing!