Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Celina, the Wise!!!

This is Celina!

She is my young friend that I am teaching to quilt. Right now, our very first project together is a block of the month item.It will be verrrrry cute and lots of work. Here are her first three blocks!

Anyhoo, she has been learning some good lessons from the Lord, and I thought I would let her share one with us. Heeeeeeere's Celina...

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

Life weighs us down. It seems unrealistic to be joyful always, or to be thankful in every circumstance when we can merely turn on the news and get infiltrated with the junk of this world. And to pray continually; are you kidding me? I walk out of a room and forget what I was gonna do, not to mention that my mind is cluttered with so much nonsense. It seems that I can not do anything continually. We as humans do not have the ability to be joyful always, pray continually, or to give thanks in all circumstances apart from Christ.
We can only do these things in Christ Jesus. Thankfully, we are "sons of the light" and therefore, in Christ ( 1 Thessalonians 5:5, Colossians 1:27). Since we are in Christ we are to then "be joyful ALWAYS, pray CONTINUALLY, give thanks in ALL circumstances," for this is God's will for us. When we do these things that the Lord has called us to do the focus turns from us to the Lord, giving us a new perspective. We can only see the here and now and can not see the BIG picture that God sees. Thus, these times of hardships, disappointments and trials are just a small piece of God's plan for our lives.That is why we are called to be joyful, and to pray, and to be thankful for all circumstances; because its when we are doing these things that we are in God's will. We all have failed in at least one or all of these areas; so let's ask the Lord to show us where we lack, and need to trust and obey him. Our God is a great God and gives wisdom to all who ask (James 1:5). Praise the Lord that he gives us the strength to do what he has called us to do.


Hope this encourages YOU!!!!

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Scuba Wife Life said...

oooh! I love your quilts! I hope hers turns out great, but with you as a teacher I am sure she will do just fine!