Thursday, May 14, 2009

After Thoughts,,,

Good morning again!!!

This morning while typing my blog about Eggs Embraced (below), I wondered if it was too much fluff. While I was outside pruning and getting ready to mow our large backyard I thought about this...

What came to mind were Pete's wise words: "Likewise, older women are to show their reverence for God by their behavior. They are not to be gossips or addicted to alcohol, but to be examples of goodness. They should encourage the younger women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible and pure, to manage their households, to be kind, and to submit themselves to their husbands. Otherwise, the word of God may be discredited" (Titus 2:3-5).

And it hit me - all my life I wanted to be a wife and mom. God granted that dream to me. Being a homemaker really has been my delight. I love almost everything about it. This is why I can't wait to grab my camera when I am creating something, whether it is making an apple pie (which I am going to do later today. Fret not, sistah, my camera will be ready. Look for it on a future blog, maybe tomorrow) or pruning bushes in our yard. When I was younger there was a group of us who would gather at each others' homes and iron together, clean each others homes, make jam together, make up skits for our kids at Christmas, etc. This blog is doing just that! YAY! It's a fun blessing to be shared!

These things bless my husband. When we wives take care of our kids, find creative ways to fix breakfast - saving money, to boot - these are ways of living out the above verse --managing our households and loving our husbands and kids. No one said it couldn't be fun, eh?! :)

When I share them with you, and then you do these things, with your own tweaks, perhaps, then your family is blessed, too! Just as God intended! I love encouraging women to love the truth (God's Word), their husbands, kids, friends, and our God and Savior. Oh! And then, what do you do? You share them with someone in your path and they are encouraged and their fams are blessed! Hooray!!!

The woman in Proverbs 31 is only one example of a wife of noble character. The whole rest of the Bible is full of many other examples - Deborah - bravery exudes from her. Faith, too. Abigail, what boldness and humility she possessed. Ruth, servant, and one who longed for the One True God. Gosh, there are so many more!

That word 'noble' or 'virtuous' means a force, and army, wealth, strength, virtue, valor, able, active... Is this not what we are doing when our hands are busy for our God and family? It is for me. I pray I am able to keep on doing this as long as I have breath! We are a force for our families, marching as soldiers in our day-to-day doings. Fun! "As your days so shall your strength be" (Deuteronomy 33:25).

So, you just know that now I must show you pictures of my day's virtuous outdoor activities. :) Mike has been working verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry long hours. Last week, he didn't even get the weekend off. My pruning and raking and watering and mowing frees his brain from having to think about all that needs to be done at home. When I finish, he gets to come home from work and be finished, too. The work of my hands enables him to be able to prop up his feet with me, where we can relax together. A team!
It's time to go rake up all that pruning (my pics didn't show how much more there is), then mow the grass. I think I need to yank some lemons off the tree and make me some lemonade!!!

"Whatsoever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might" (Ecclesiastes 9:10).

Hi ho, hi ho... it's off to work I go!!!! (She works willingly with her hands. Proverbs 31:13)

Pro 31:27 "She looks well to the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness."

1 comment:

bandofbrothers said...

thanks so much for popping by with your sweet words. you truly are an encourager. what a gift.

and i LOVE your cute heart bushes a few posts down:) what fun!