Friday, December 09, 2005

A Joyous Season! And Don't Forget It!

Okay, I've been caught again! Yesterday I woke up depressed and couldn't shake it (not that I tried to, I've realized this morning). On top of that, a multitude of chores, errands, to-do's rushed upon me like an NFL defensive lineman (those huge guys). My shoulders throbbed from the stress of it all; they haven't done that for quite awhile. Anyhoo, this morning, it hit me what a joyous season this really is, thanks to Jesus being born as a human baby, to save us all from the penalty of our sins. Well, a friend emailed last night saying she was depressed. Then it was that I awoke to the fact that the enemy-of-our-souls does not want us joyous, but depressed by the endless busyness, trials, woes, and choes (chores). I was caught again, giving in!

We are to fight the good fight, the apostle Paul tells us in 1 Timmy 1:18. My Pastor gave the best-ever meaning to that fight, but drats!, I can't find it. However, let's just think of it this way: take a punch at whatever attacks your joy in the Lord! Just put on the boxing gloves of God's Word, and go at it! (Don't even think about throwing in the white towel of defeat, appealing as your feelings may be towards it....as mine have many a'time.)

This is a joyous season of celebration. Don't forget it, by getting caught up in the cares of this world, and neglecting to pray, sing praises (the old Christmas carols...just look at the words!), rest in God's arms and faithful promises, and thank Jesus for coming down here and rescuing us with such a great gift of love!

No comments: