Monday, December 19, 2005

The Countdown Begins

Seven.... six... five... the Christmas-Day-Countdown began for me this morning. Last week I was breathing a sigh of relief over having the shopping and most of the wrapping done, and then when I woke up this morning I rememebered something -- there's still cleaning and baking and marketing! So, my schedule book will be pulled out and I will set my pen to prepare a daily to-do list, so that by Christmas Eve I am totally ready to celebrate, being festively joyous!

That means that instead of lying in bed reading, as I'm longing to do, I must reach my goal of a clean house by 3:30 (that's when Susan will come a'honking for Curves). I'm not a disciplined person, but what's the alternative - a messy, chaotic mind, lacking any kind of joy.

And you know what? My countdown will add up to a more festive joy for my family, too, because they will be able to enjoy the fruit of my labors with me. So... one... two...three....Go Liz!

No comments: