Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Coffee, no tea, and Thee :)

While Superman rolls away on his morning bike ride, I am sipping coffee and talking to thee. One of my favorite things to do!
(Well, that, and dancing, reading, sewing, riding my bikes, winning at Scrabble, swimming, gardening, driving, yakking with friends (such as YOU), writing... ah... the list is unending! Since Superman says, "You can make a party out of paying bills, even!" you can tell that I love finding the small delights in life. And if I can't find them, I create them, and if I can't do that, then I have friends who help! yayayayay!)

Did you know I love coffee? Fun coffee (think Starbucks), black coffee, it's all the same for me - just gotta have it! In the winter, teas are my friends a lot more than in summer. Green tea is supposed to be very good for you, and white tea, and black tea (which looks brown to me; ever notice that discrepancy?), so every once in a while, I will toss all three bags into one mug and smile at my cleverness. (It is OK to smile at yourself!)

It's not my birthday today, but this ahead-of-its-time fallish weather (there's even yellow leaves on my front porch!) has me thinking of my birthday, and since I needed a mug in which to pour my yummer coffee.... well, I chose it. And my friend Lyn chose it for me last year, and what a wonderful gift, don't you think?


Starbucks is expensive, so today's brew was simply milk, the last few chocolates (58% dark) from the gift shop at Peachy Canyon Winery, and coffeemaker-dripped-coffee on top of more hand-dripped coffee, in hopes of imitating Starbucks' coffee's boldness. It worked!


Oh! And LOOK! A new pen holder for my purse! Every time I pull out this emptied chocolate tin (and, no, I'm not going green---JUST PINK), my BFF getaway with Shannon will be another happy rerun! (See... more delights. They are in every nook and cranny of our lives!)


Find something delightful in your day, and tell me all about it!

No comments: