Friday, July 09, 2010

I'm Barking At This!

This is really something to bark at!

It is! (Or was a bit ago.)

Now... before I show you what had me barking out my big, fat opinion, I must warn you - I think the following picture is awful. Don't blame me if you begin howling at it, too!  :)

I was bee-bopping to a new CD a friend loaned me for my drive home from her home, by Colbie Caillat. Happy as a clam was I.

And then, right up ahead at the red light, I got behind a little truck with the above fish symbol. Now, I know that God spelled backwards says the above word. But what did it mean being pushed inside the fish?

Inquiring mind wants to know...now!

So, sadly for her, she pulled into the same post office parking lot that I was headed to.

Whether you like this or not, I did it. 

I pulled up behind her, waited till she got out of the truck, and asked, "What does that mean?"

"It means I love my dogs; I fed them chicken last night."

Me: "Do you know that is a Jesus symbol?"

Owner of dog who gets chicken for its meals:  "Yes; but I love my dogs."

Barking Christian (moi): "Well, you should love God. I've already prayed for you at the light (ha, and all the way to the post office)." (Lot of good all my Franklin Graham crusade training did me.... rats!)

It's a free world (still, so far...) so she can have and enjoy her dogs and their irreverent Jesus fish. And, so do I have the freedom to quietly bark a bit at her.

Amen.

Do you now feel the need to bark at me for barking at her? 

oh, and this, that i wrote in an im to a friend...

5:38:55 PM) golfinlizzy: if someone knows it s a jesus symbol and does it, to me, it seems like a slap to God and christians. on the site where you buy it, we are called minions
(5:39:38 PM) golfinlizzy: like peter in front of the soldiers, they forget that the breath of Jesus is enough to knock them all off their feet
(5:39:49 PM) golfinlizzy: us too ....
(5:40:15 PM) golfinlizzy: how i love his mercy and am praying she gets the truth inside her very soul... with salvation. oh happy day
(5:40:18 PM) golfinlizzy: and eternity

This calls for the Word of God as the cherry on top of it all...

Psa 2:4 He who sits in the heavens laughs, The Lord scoffs at them.


No comments: