Wednesday, July 28, 2010

the blessings of homemaking

You've heard me say it before, many, many times --
I LOVE HOMEMAKING.

Contentment in it is hugging me tightly this morning.



For some reason, I woke up full of energy; I could not wait to begin the day. This is soooo not usual. I like it!!!

About a year ago, my BFF and I each bought a homemaking devotional. She loved it, and I could never really get going in it. Not sure why. But today, in between my smiles, cleaning, laundry, thanking the Lord, and sewing, I have taken the time to sit on my little rocking love sofa and have scanned the pages of some good books....

This week's devotional (there are 52 weeks of devotionals to encourage a homemaker's heart) was on jam and fruit and the fruit of the Spirit. Encouraging!

Then, in my Bible, I've been reading Numbers and Joshua. Did you know that complaining is displeasing to the Lord, and that when we utter it, He hears every single moan, groan, wail, stomp? Yep... "And when the people complained, it displeased the LORD: and the LORD heard it..." (Numbers 11:1a). {This was a great reminder for moi.}

Also, I read one chapter from a library book about men. Things women/wives should know. Secrets. Stuff to make us smarter in our relationships with the more muscular half of the world. So far, I am loving it! When I finish, if it's good and has lots to glean, I will give you the title.

I highly suggest going about your homemaking this way. Stopping to read not only refreshes you and gives your legs and mind a break, it also stimulates you to grow (unless you're reading romance novels...).

and let us consider how to stimulate one another
to love and good deeds
Hebrews 10:24 
 
Later... Liz

No comments: