Thursday, May 20, 2010

Quiet Time



A peaceful bit of quiet time has caught me by surprise this morning. It was like Jesus tip-toed in behind me, tapped me on the shoulder, and then whisked me away for some alone time with Him. Don't you love when He does that? In the middle of chores and work and bills to pay and laundry, the Lover of our souls says, "Come away, My beloved..."?

It never ceases to be a sweet surprise to me!

Anyhoo, I just had to share with you from a little booklet that one of my friends gave each of her baby shower guests. During her darkest years, she clung to the Word like no one's business. (And still does in this time of happier years.) From her journals of those years, she and her daughters made us a little booklet of the verses and then added a handwritten comment. It was the best party favor I've ever received! (It's written like a devotional, and I think it should be published!)

This day's verse is Psalm 34:18 ~

     ~ The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. ~

Her note says ~

~ I can't tell you how many times I 'claimed' this verse. 
I would remind God,  
I am brokenhearted and my spirit is crushed
so I know You will be close to me!
I qualify! ~

What do you think about that? (If I shared this in a previous blog, then rejoice that we just got a fresh reminder!)    :) 

Perhaps you, too, qualify. Crawl onto the jumbo lap of God and find comfort!

Let, I pray, your merciful kindness be for my comfort, 
according to Your word to Your servant. 
(That's us!!!)
Psalm 119:75

Aren't you glad the Lord whisked me away this morning, so that you would be assured that you qualify and that the Lord is near? 

Yay!!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes! "I am brokenhearted and my spirit is crushed, so I know you will be close to me!"

Motherhood is not for the faint-hearted!

Thank you for your prayers and your encouragement! You have blessed me!

an encourager said...

Yay! :)