Sunday, November 08, 2009

Let Your Little Light Shine!


I love Christmas and everything about it!

Hoping you are willing to chime into the spirit of it a bit early with me, let's do a craft! It's so simple you can make it in the time it takes you to sip your Starbucks' Eggnog Latte. Oooh, let's go get one!

What we will make is the candle holder in the picture above. Yesterday I drove up to Shannon's little town and had a blast at her church's annual women's ministry fundraising
Christmas Tea. It is now going to be my new tradition!

Each table was decorated by the Hostess-of-the-Table. As our speaker noticed, the tables were each unique, like each of us women! I liked that. It made me feel okay to be who I am, just how God made me. That's important for us women, who are prone to comparisons, to know that our gifts and talents, though different from other women's, are uniquely ours for the purposes of God! Yay!

Anyhoo, the theme was Light of the World so I thought it was a perfect time to show you how to make these little candle holders. Really, you will be happy how little time and money they take. AND WITH COUPONS AND SALES, THE RIBBON AND CANDLES WERE VERY CHEAP!

These make darling gifts! Just click on the picture below and you can read (or print) the instructions. Merry crafting!

"When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."
John 8:12



2 comments:

Smilie girl said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Thank you for sharing this sweet craft.

Queen to my 3 Boys said...

You and your Starbucks...makes me smile!

I finally got to use the gift card that you sent me. You're right - pumpkin spice latte, yum, yum, yum, yum, yum.

Thankfully, they are FOUR BUCKS for a small. This leaves little chance of me overindulging! Oh, and the girl that waited on me was flabbergasted (sp?) that it was my very first time going to Starbucks. She actually said, "Ooooh, this is such a very special day for you!" in a very squealy (sp?) kind of voice. Hmmmm...