Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Encouraging For You

Good Morning!

Way back in January 1994 the Lord had a plan, and early one chilly morning, while I was still lazily nestling in the arms of my ever-cozy bed, He shared His idea with me - write a newsletter, sharing about Him in the experiences and situations of my every-days.

See, at that time, we had just been scooted up to a small town, Kingsburg, a whole 86 miles from a slew of beloved friends. It was a move I did not want. How I pouted! We are to consider it all joy when we encounter various trials, but I was failing in this. And it was smack-dab in the middle of this move when Jehovah shared His brilliant brainchild with me.

It was very smart of Him! As my speaker friend, Debbie Alsdorf, used to tell women about me, she'd say that I took all my lemons and squeezed out some refreshing lemonaide through my newsletter (or something like that). God knew what He was doing!

Though I've missed a few months here and there, I've kept writing ever since. That's a long time - just over 15 years! But then, there is so much to tell about our great Jehovah, and so many lessons I must learn .... and share! :)

Anyhoo, if you would like to receive it snail mail or email, just send either address to this email address of mine: encouragingforyou@gmail.com. If you click on the newsletter above, it will appear really big, and you can actually read it (from November of last year).

"But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin" (Hebrews 3:13 NAS).

No comments: