Friday, June 17, 2011

 My zucchini plant has been handing me dark green gifts for weeks! It's one of the many things I love about the good ol' summertime! Eating them in a simple saute is great, but turning them into the best-tasting-ever muffins is even better! I'm sure I've shared this recipe in summer's past, but here it is again... and don't be fooled by the ingredients! My veggie-hating kids LOVE this, as well as every friend I know! 
Grab some zucchini and let's get baking!  :)

Zucchini Banana Nut Bread

Preheat oven to 350°.

Cream till light and fluffy:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
Add:
2 eggs
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 cup zucchini, grated
1 tsp vanilla
Sift together, then add to mix:
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Now add:
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped

Pour into greased & floured bread pan
(or muffin tins) and bake for one hour
(muffins for @25 minutes).

You will love them!!!

 http://avonalwaysforyou.blogspot.com/2011/06/germs-who-needs-them.html



1 comment:

Barbara said...

NOT... We lived on zucchini for a long time so really not wanting anything made for it, lol if you like great, but me I will eat something else, like all those maters from the garden we have now, lots of hugs and enjoy your zucchini,♥