Saturday, June 21, 2008

YIPPPPPEEEEE!

Part of James 4:2 says, "You do not have because you do not ask."

So.... ask!

I did!

And take a loooky-looooooo...... www.reallifeblog.net !!! Yahoo!

Here's how it happened... My friend Emily, who has aspirations of writing (and will definitely reach that mountain peak!) showed me her submission to RealLifeblog.net. Her enthusiasm, excitement, and anticipation to have a chance to be a guest on this blog was darling. After reading what she wrote, I got up from my computer chair, and began painting the guest room a darling cottage blue, praying for Emily to be accepted, the whole time (ok, well, my mind did wander to other things quite a bit. I need a thought lasso, because my thoughts sure do like to wander off!!! Can you imagine? Cowgirl Liz??!!) . And she was!!! Thank YOU, Lord!

So, the next morning, I took a stroll through RealLifeBlog and loved it. It got my author juices flowing! Though the deadline was the night before, Friday, and this was very early on Saturday morning, I took a chance - I asked!

I asked, "Your deadline was last night.... But, God's word says "you have not because you ask not." So, could you use another submission? I have this one attached, just in case. It was fast, but if it's not too late, and you like my style of writing, I would love to try to get a guest spot."

And she wrote back, "Liz, I would like to use your post, thanks for contacting me. You're right about the asking!"

Which means that James was right about the asking. Which means God was right about the asking, because all Scripture is Spirit breathed and inspired by God. Which means it is right to always ask.

And then.... leave the answering - 'yes' ~ 'no' ~ 'maybe so' - to God! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I like the look of your blog...'cause it's just like mine! Great minds think alike - ha,ha!

Good for you on asking; so true. And I enjoyed your guest post.