Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summertime...

... and the living is ee-eaa-zzzzZzz!



I've been waiting to say that till I could actually say it with truth.
 
*** and today was the day  ***
 :) 

When I was a young mom, my girlfriends and I would dash through our homes, getting much of our chores done before the clock struck 9ish, so that we could walk our kids to the park before the heat melted the rubber on the bottom of our tenny shoes to the asphalt. After that, we'd head out to the gigantic black-bottomed public pool, and frolic the day away, only returning for naps, dinner-fixing, and lots of contentment

laughter
                  smiles                 yakking-it-UP
                   plain ol' summertime sunshine 
                                    & fun 

All of this I had today. it was like a blast from the past....

house quickly tidied
            yard work done before the sun rose too high 
                                                   girlfriend + her kids jumping, swimming, back-diving, front-diving, hopping, splashing, laughing, shrieking, catching yay, in my pool, not the public pool yay

This is what I've been waiting for. 


This is summertime!


And, now.... time for me to vacuum, iron, get dolled-up to pick up Superman from the airport.


Ahhhh, thank You, Lord, for giving us all things to enjoy!
*
Instruct those who are rich in this present world not to be conceited or to fix their hope on the uncertainty of riches, but on God, who richly supplies us with all things to enjoy.
1 Timothy 6:7 

*

1 comment:

Smilie girl said...

Hooray for enjoyable, simple pleasures!
Thank you for the verse too.