Monday, October 12, 2009

Two Best Friends!


Liz and Shannon


A new fall best friend!

Having a best friend is the most wonderful thing in the world! Shannon and I have been BFFs for a very long time... almost 28 years!!! Lucky us is all I can say!

Do you have a best friend? If you do, of course I want to hear all about it! If you don't, then I encourage you to let God hear all about it. He knows who you need and will hook you up. Really! When I first became a Christian I had a heart-to-heart with the Lord about friends, asking Him to pick some for me. To this day, most of us are still friends, though Shannon and I play and yak the most together. She's been my best friend for such a yummy long time that we are like sisters! (That just made me think of that song in White Christmas about sisters...lol.)

Shannon and I are honest injuns with one another, proving that "Faithful are the wounds of a friend, but deceitful are the kisses of an enemy" Proverbs 27:6. It is plain ol' refreshing and helpful, even when it hurts.

Back in the day, when our friendship was just budding, we would even hang up on each other...let the Lord deal with us... and call each other back and talk about it. Yep, that's real freedom of love in a friendship and I hope your life does not lack this.

Anyhoo, the two of us just returned from our annual BFF Getaway trip. When we began, maybe 17 years ago (have to figure up the years one of these days), we went for a quick day trip. Too short, too short, we bellowed. So, we upped it to overnight. Too short, too short, we bellowed. And so we expanded the nights to two. :) And this trip, Shannon said, "Do you think we should add a third night next year?" I'm still laughing over that because it just proves that we are fun together!!!

Here are some of the pictures we took in Cambria....


We pulled into a parking lot at a winery (don't know the name), took a picture, then she gave me my early birthday present. I'll give you hints: Brighton, hangs on neck, charms can be added... she had a queen's crown charm already on it for moi - the Queen of Fun!


This blurry picture is in our little patio area. Our tradition is that her very nice and talented husband makes our first lunch - egg sandwiches, diet sodas, BBQ chips, sometimes pretzels (but not this time).


Our favorite store is Birds of a Feather. Darling and kind Bonnie owns and runs it. She greets you with a smile and cheery conversation. Her ribbon selection, as you can see, is wonderful! Everything in her store is a site to behold...Go visit her; she will like that - and so will you!


There's all kind of cute in Cambria! (Shan, Emily saw these pics and said, "She is a cutie-patootie!! Yep!!!)


Tired of my pictures yet??? :)


Our favorite dream home over there! Isn't it scrumptious? I could sit out there and blog my heart out!!!


How could we resist?



His and his wife's pumpkin farm...and our newest friend!

These two quaint sites were on our way home...





The inside of stores wasn't all we saw.... lol


I'm wishing you would share your fun best friend stories with me!



Bye for now... kiss the fun of fall as you walk by it each day!

1 comment:

Scuba Wife Life said...

How fun!! :)