Wednesday, October 21, 2009
My Happy Birthday Eve Giveaway!
How do I love my BIRTHDAY, let me count the ways....
1. Lunches with friends.
2. Surprises that come in the mail, delivering the happiest cheer for birthday girls!
3. Cards filled with sonnets of love, hysterical humor, and many happy words, lined up on the piano.
4. My oldest son BBQing his famous tri tip for the celebratory dinner, with all my
little family -- Superman, Noah, Amy, Tim -- surrounding me like stars in on a
5. Being fearfully and wonderfully made. Now, I admit that sometimes that "fearfully" seems to me to be the parts that are frightening to see in the mirror! But!!! It's not about that at all! Our wonderful Creator was forming us into just the person He wanted us to be. All of it for a purpose and His glory. I'm amazed my heart knows how to beat on its own, or that my body has defense organisms to fight off invaders, and the process of watching the healing process when I get cut is astounding. I mean, scabs are such a neat God-performed band-aid!!! Ever think of that, or all the other trillion things that our bodies do... without any of our input or help?
Well, God knows us and it was He who knit us in our mother's womb. You can read all about it in Psalm 139, and I hope you do. It's the BIRTHDAY PSALM! (It is 'cuz I said so.) :)
6 . Carrot Cake.
The list could go on, reaching around the world and tying a huge adorable bow! But, today's not my birthday, only my Birthday Eve. A friend is taking me for a late lunch, and she always showers me with presents, so that is three yummy things right there -- friendship, food, frolicking with birthday wrap, to unwrap my surprises! Can't wait!!!
7. Sharing the "happy"! The standard-sized pillowcase in the photo is what I made (and will teach you when it's not my Birthday Eve) and am going to mail to a happy winner. All you have to do is leave a comment. You can leave a verse, say "Happy Birthday", or tell me about why you love Birthdays. Add to my list.... I will pick the random winner tomorrow evening! Hope you win!!!