Thursday, November 06, 2008

I love Fall!

Here is my verse at this noon hour, something for us all to feast on, marinate ourselves in, digest & get nourished from, and actually make use of in our tiny little craniums ~ "My meditation of Him shall be sweet" Psalm 104:34.

This morning my meditations were not of anything sweet, but things quite sour. That does not a happy camper make!!! So, after seeking the Lord about that, this verse came to mind, though I had to Google it to find the address.

Sweet meditations about Jesus are abundant, if we will choose to open our Word and take a peek. Like, "You are very great; You are clothed with honor and majesty" and "He causes grass to grow for the cattle". I mean, if He provides for cattle, then we know He'll provide for us! "He appointed the moon for seasons." He appointed! Cuz He is God and big and powerful and in authority and control! Of the moon, and of you and me and all our stuff. (Not stuff as in stuff, but stuff as in circumstances. Thought I better clarify...) :)

Anyhoo, it's a strong temptation for me to dwell on the sour stuff of life, but don't ask me why cuz it sours my whole outlook, which sours my mood, which sours my day. Dang, how much smarter to think of the sweetness of our Savior! It just brightens the heart!

No comments: