Sunday, January 01, 2006

Happy New Year!

It's here - fresh beginnings, new calendars, aspiring goals! I've never been one to make goals, but I have already begun some 6-month goals. This is a first for me, and I must say, I am quite excited about the possiblity of achieving them. In six months (if I remember) I will tell you how I did.

A goal that I didn't write on paper, but that the Lord has put in my heart, is to spend time with Him... in the Word, every day, not even a selected time, just available when He calls - reading, absorbing, praying, personalizing, listening (shhhhhhh), hearing, obeying, praising, glorifying, thanking, complaining, confessing, yakking, adoring. I'm excited about this too, as I will confess sloth in this area in 2005 (and 04 and 03 and...).

Anne Graham Lotz is right - God is the Giver of second chances... and fresh beginnings! Great is His faithfulness!

No comments: