Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's not the best picture in the world, but when I pulled into the grocery store parking lot, this is what I saw, and I wanted to share it with you! All those colors, as if God was doing a bit of Thanksgiving decorating of His own! Perfect colors, don't you think?



In all the bustling around I'm doing, my heart is bustling right along, offering praises and thanks to God - for the good and the bad. I've been thinking about Job this week, "Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him," he said. Right in the center of his suffering. THAT IS HARD TO DO! But it's possible.  :)

And why?

Because this life is not all there is. We have an entire eternity of non-suffering. Think about that and give thanks. Even trials turn into blessings when we wait for God to unfold His plan and bring it into our sight. Till then - have FAITH, Bloggerinas. 

I said all that in case this holiday is not so joyous for you. Our joy is in our Savior. If your joy has gone AWOL, then let me encourage you to read the seventh chapter of Joshua. In that sad and shocking tale is the truth that while God hates sin and has to deal with it, for us today, since Jesus was born, died on the cross and rose again, we have complete and utter forgiveness, if we believe. Oh, do!!! It's too amazing and baffling that God would send His very own beloved Son to take the punishment for our sins. Such a gift of grace. We just don't want to waste His grace by not believing.

Anyhoo, blessings to you on this Thanksgiving!

Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior.
Habbakuk 3:17-18

... this thing is from Me ...
1 Kings 12:24

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

AMEN! Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Aliene said...

Yes, we need to get our priorities right. The holidays all about Our Savior ~ If we could focus on that we would enjoy each other more.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving day.

Anita Kehn said...

This is truly the truth! We can praise God even in the midst of adversity. I have done it. In the end we are blessed. Thank you for this post!