Thursday, April 16, 2009

Look Who's 94!!!! (NO, not me!!!)

Most people freak out on tax day, April 15th, for obvious reasons. But for me and my family, it's a day of happy celebrating - 'cuz that's when my grandma was born! Isn't she beautiful? At 94 she still is fun and funny and smarter than smart! One secret about that is that she daily grabs her #2 pencil and does multitudes of Word Search puzzles. Really; it stimulates the mind! Mostly, though, I think she has kept her wits because she's kept a good attitude in this life. I am like her in so many ways, but need to really learn this from her!!!!!

So, today, we celebrated. My Aunt Joy, who lives with my granny (and, yes, they still love each other very much - everyone loves my grandma; she's special), treated us all to lunch at B J's Restaurant. Yum.

My grandma was telling my older sister, Theresa, how to kill and cook a chicken. My grandma used to do this all the time when she lived in the country. You had to be tough and not squeemish back then, and that is grandma. I could throw up just writing this!

Writing this has made me think of that yummy and very comforting verse in Isaiah. 46:4: Even to your old age I will be the same, And even to your graying years I will bear you! I have done it, and I will carry you; And I will bear you and I will deliver you. That's a lot of 'I wills' from God! Jehovah is so good to us!

Happy Birthday, Grandma!!!

No comments: