Monday, July 16, 2007

To Be or Not To Be

Is there a way you'd like your husband to be, or not to be? Seriously ask yourself this question: If I could change one character trait of my husband's, what would it be?

Not having many unfavorable traits, I had to really think about what I would like changed in Mike. Then, an unusual word - one that is not normally in my vocabulary - came to mind --- reticent.

Of the four definitions I found on dictionary.com (I love this site, 'cuz if I spell the word wrong, which I did, it gives suggestions), one hit the bullseye:

the trait of being uncommunicative;
not volunteering more than necessary

There is so much wisdom in being reticent, since it would keep you from putting your foot in your mouth. On the other hand, to a wife's heart, it can be a form of abandonment.

It was eye-opening for me, and also gave me wisdom how to pray, without any judgemental or angry feelings . I'm excited to see the Lord answer this one.

Now.... perhaps it's time to ask another question: What character trait could be changed in MY life???? :) Happy changes to you!

No comments: