Monday, August 12, 2013

You Must Have One!!! :)



There is nothing like it!

You step out into the
cool morning freshness, and there it is -- your very own, private & personal, health jubilee --- a garden.

It doesn't even have to be a big garden. It can be a little pot of an herb, or a tree with lemons, or a potted tomato plant.

The point is, it is just sweet as all heck to open the door, reach out the hand, and pluck up something
sun-smootched!!!  Oooooo-La-Ti-Da-Rah!!!


Do not deny yourself this bursting-with-pleasure
fun!

This very morning, out I skipped (I lie) to the garden, unlatched the white-picket gate, and felt just like Dorothy seeing Oz for the first time. Oh, my!

For the
Tomato & Feta Frittata that I was attempting for Amy and myself, I needed 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes. There was that exact amount chattering, "Pick me! Pick me!" on the vine. My red mini colander said, "Thank you for making me full!" and back we trotted (I lie again) into the kitchen.

That Frittata was yum to my taste buds, and there are three more portioned-and-bagged pieces for this week's breakfast. Anyhoo, backyard gardens are so delightful, big or teensy. 
Do treat yourself!  :)

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

good post on gardens and the frittata looks wonderful.